Thursday, September 26, 2013

Maniac Magee

   I'm doing a review on Maniac Magee.
The first thing that happened in the story is when Maniac's parents died in a P and W Trolley accident and he became an orphan. Then, Maniac lived with Amanda. Next, Maniac left Amanda's house because he didn't want to start any trouble. Now, Mars Bar saved Piper and from falling off the trestle.
Finally, truly someone was calling him home. I have traits of Maniac Magee. Maniac is happy, smart, runs, and his reaction to Mrs. Beale saying he can stay is thank you, thank you, thank you. I learned a valuable lesson about Maniac Magee. The lesson that I learned is that people shouldn't be separated by their color because of Maniac, that stopped. Maniac reminds me of the time my brothers, sister, and I were taken away from home. It all started because my other sister lied to DCFS, and told them our parents were abusing us. I have 5 ways Maniac is like me. 1.we're both smart. 2.we are both athletic. 3.we care for others. 4.we can play football. 5.we can run. 
If I could save one character in the story from a natural disaster it would be Maniac Magee. I would save Maniac because he is a leader. The character that I would want to be my friend is Maniac Magee. because he is a leader,  and I'm a leader and we care about others. The part of the book that I would change is the part when they wrote on The Beales' house, Ishbelly Go Home. I would change it because it's racist and I hate prejudice . If Maniac were to visit our classroom he would like me best because were exactly the same.
                                                      That's my review on Maniac Magee. The End

No comments:

Post a Comment